Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So... I'm feelin India



Well, here we are! It's the fourth week of 2012 and after having my car totaled by a run-in with a drunk driver, releasing a record that it'd taken almost 2 years to compose/produce and going to my 2nd Vipassana in the last months of '11, I've come to an interesting place in the road my friends, I'm ready for something beyond my imagination, something to strip away any remaining veneer and expose the raw and realest levels of who this Parker character really is. Typically when one puts out a record there is a barrage of promotion and touring for the months following the release and though I've definitely considered this plan of action as my next move, the P.A. coffers are running low and I've been called to something entirely different...
Witnessing a dear friend go through some gnarly well-being issues at the top of this year, I was inspired to look inward and meditate on things I wish I'd done in my life, what I came up with is this; Ever since I was 21 and first discovered yoga I've wanted to journey to India/the Himalayas and breathe in those environments that saints, sages and yogis have walked for thousands of years.
So, after sending my EP out to all my contacts and pondering the prospect of another tour that may or may not generate income, I've chosen to follow my heart and take the money from my insurance settlement (from aforementioned car wreck) and fund a 3 month journey to India, Nepal and what was once Tibet.
I'm extremely grateful for all that have shown support for me on this musical journey and I trust that this path is now leading me eastward for a spell. Stoked to return with new experiences that will funnel themselves into fresh songs and shed new light upon the old ones, I am choosing this for the enrichment of all I know and love.

AlwaysLOVE,
p



No comments:

Post a Comment